Rules for Youth Lacrosse
- Conduct within the facility and on the field should be within the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owner(s), league operators, officers and owners and staff of the Metuchen Sportsplex assume no liability for any injuries or accidents, which may occur. Please refer to your Liability and Injury Waiver Release Forms.
- No individual will be allowed to participate in any league games, practice session, tournament, clinic, open pick-up game, or other activities until a release form has been properly completed and signed. The facility waiver can be signed online or in print form.
- Playing sports can be a hazardous activity and unfortunate things can happen. You are contractually agreeing that you have signed our liability release and that you are waiving your rights to file a lawsuit against us. You accept the conditions of the fields, courts, and other surfaces, and also any unforeseen situations that may occur. If you are uncomfortable with any of these conditions, you can choose not to play or participate in our leagues or other activities.
- No food, drink, chewing tobacco, chewing gum, or metal cleats permitted on turf playing surface. No sunflower seeds or similar type products are permitted in the facility. No glass containers on the field or in the player boxes.
- No outside food or drink of any kind will be permitted in the facility. Any outside food or drink will be confiscated.
- Games that are cancelled due to poor weather conditions or conditions not under the control of the Metuchen Sportsplex are generally not rescheduled or guaranteed to be played.
- The Metuchen Sportsplex reserves the right to refuse play or service to anyone.
- Any fighting will result in permanent banishment from facility.
Play of Game
- 10 v 10 ( nine and a goalie)
- 2 players in defensive zone at all times
- 3 long poles allowed
- 6’x 6’ goals
- Regulation 9’ radius crease
- Ten seconds to clear defensive zone
- Midline becomes back court once ball is cleared
- No backcourt violation on a shot or defensive deflection
- Score and standings will be kept
- There will be no 3 pass rule
minimum of 13 players, maximum of 18
Upon a lead of 5 goals, the leading team is required to:
- drop the ride back to the midline
- make one pass in or into the offensive zone. Once this pass is made no additional passes are required unless the ball passes back over midline.
The game clock starts at scheduled time. Teams must be ready to play on time.
Late starts will still finish on time.
40 minute running clock, no halftime.
One 1 min. timeout per game.
After a goal, Whistle will start play after goalie has ball in stick (middle school only). JV and Varsity will face-off after goals. Goalie may delay (5-8 count) picking up ball to allow for substitution.
LIMITED BODY CHECKING, DO NOT KNOCK PLAYERS DOWN.
BOARDING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THERE WILL BE A 3-FOOT ZONE AROUND RINK, NO FORCING PLAYERS INTO THE BOARDS WITHIN THIS ZONE
1 -, 2-, or 3-minute penalties for boarding, illegal body checks, slashing, and unsportsmanlike conduct. All penalty time served in full. Penalty time begins when player is in box and will be kept on the scoreboard. No 10 second count for man down team-backcourt rule still applies.
4 personals equal removal from game and a 2 game suspension. 2 two game suspension equals season suspension.
If a player fights or is belligerent in any way, he/she will be expelled from the league, permanently without exception and without refund.
Please read the SMG waiver of liability.
Please contact the Metuchen Sportsplex at email@example.com or 848-248-4684